In the West, we somehow accept the concept of a blankee providing soothing comfort and reassurance to a child. And yet sometimes we are so blinded by our cultural and scientific preconceptions, we miss the deeper underlying Truths.
Fortunately, there are enlightened and compassionate Beings among us who stand ready to offer up Healing Tools to sincere Seekers. People--and yes, they're still as human as you or I--like Leila Astarabadi, a designer and Yogic Guide of Manhattan and The Hamptons who, raises her clients' consciousness and fills their lives with light and energy with Conscious Cloth, her highly attuned collection of womens' fashion pieces in a luxurious array of fabrics.
Now with the introduction of Conscious Blankee, Astarabadi has put this healing touch within reach of the Littlest Hands. In addition to the calming energy provided by the best cashmere, silk, and organic cotton, Conscious Blankees--indeed the entire Conscious Cloth collection--feature a powerful mantra hand-sewn into every single piece. This sacred mantra raises the vibrational frequency of the Blankee, thereby imparting "love and Light and healing to the child."
But just as a fabulous pair of shoes--say, some gold Tory Burch ballet flats--could be totally right for a lunch in a private home, yet oh-so-wrong for a benefit gala, each mantra has a different healing, lighting, and vitalizing emphasis.
Astarabadi knows this intimately, of course, which is why, when I asked which mantra she included on the Blankee, she patiently explained to this Novice that there are many. I looked up a few she mentioned:
- Wahe Guru, or Guru Mantra or Wonderful Teacher, the traditional Sikh mantra that contemplates the ecstatic Nature of God and the Supreme Reality,
- Sat Narayan, or the Chotay Pad Mantra, for exploring infinity,
- Ek Ong Kar, or the Magic Mantra, which reverses negativity to positivity,
- Ra Ma Da Sa, or the Shushmana Mantra, which facilitates healing and calms what the great teacher Bhagavan Das calls the "monkey mind," and
- Deum de Deo, Lumen de Lumine..., which, though it does get chanted quite a bit by monks in Gregoria, is a technically more of a creed than a mantra. But as Theodicius said at the First Council at Nicea, there are many paths to the top of Mt. Fuji.
Conscious Blankees begin at $320 for a 16x16 inch, and range up to $520 for a 26X36. They're available in combinations of seven scrumptious, not particularly chakra-related colors [consciouscloth.com, thanks ereka for the light-giving press release]