Here are some useful links and resources:
- Kid's not here yet? Check the Pregnant on the Playa section of the Survival Guide. The top three points, though, are dehydration, dehydration, and dehydration. Then heat. As always before going to spend a week in the middle of the desert, check with your OB.
- Everything in The Black Rock City Survival Guide "applies double for kids."
- Check out the special survival tips for Kids at Burning Man: "Advise them to be cautious about getting too close to aggressive art, destructive robots, and moving vehicles. A little bit of care can go a long way in a chaotic environment."
- It's not clear if the Kiddie Korral theme camp run by the dome people that was so popular last year will be there again. So far, no obviously kid-centric theme camps have registered. [What IS clear is that even anarcho-utopian societies still revert to Kreative misspellings.]
- The official KidsVille this year is located at 5:30 and Ego on the new Black Rock City Plan. [KidsVille? For some reason, Burning Man just got slightly lamer for me, while that giant playspace on the Upper East Side just got infinitely cooler and edgier.]
- Burning Kids is the network of families who organizes KidsVille. [Dr. Mom's FAQ: "DO NOT PUT THE BABY ON YOUR BACK PACK and go for a hike. Would you put them on the hood of your car to go for a drive? Shade Rules."]
- So far no Burning Man Onesies [it DOES seem to miss the point of the whole thing]. Why not make your own?
- Kid's in San Francisco schools? He was bound to learn about The Man's never-ending battle with The Burning Man sometime. What're you complaining about, now you've got the whole day to yourself.