A roundup of headlines from the worlds of health, science, and parenting to freak you out and ruin [what's left of] your weekend, an exclusive service of Daddy Types:
- The CPSC is suing Buckyball desktop magnet toy makers because crazy toddler dangerous. [cspc]
- The plastics industry would like to remind you that your reusable shopping bags are full of e.coli. And norovirus. [plasticsnews.com, npr]
- Nature reports: "Genome study may explain links between paternal age and conditions such as autism." [Nature]
- Babble "asks": "Are Older Fathers Causing Autism in Their Kids?" [babble]
- And now the NY Times reports on the freakout itself. On their site: "Reaction was immediate. More than 500 commenters weighed in at NYTimes.com." [nyt]
- And they run an op-ed [?] about how actually, autism is caused by mothers' immunoresponses during pregnancy. [nyt]
- Which really only ends up proving the benefits of waiting a couple of days before freaking out.