We missed a couple of weeks, but here are a handful of headlines from the worlds of health, safety, and parenting, bundled up to freak you out all at once, on your own schedule. It's the Daddy Types Friday Freakout:
- France seems to have adopted the 30-hour, 4-day work week for sperm production, says Reuters reporter Andrew Seaman. [reuters]
- American C-section specialists, meanwhile, are working overtime, and they've got the cascading interventions to prove it. [harvardmagazine]
- 60 Minutes says Yale researchers have found that some kids are born bad bigots! [cbsnews via my stepmother over Thanksgiving]
- Perhaps bigot is not the right word for describing the behavior of an hours-old kid trying to grasp the idea of a self, says everyone else in the field. [boston.com via dt sr freakout correspondent sara]
- Speaking of a shaky sense of self, there are kids' cells living inside their mothers' brains. [sciam]
- Midichlorians have been linked to Autism Spectrum Disorders. OK, I made that one up.